How do you get fair compensation after a taxi or bus accident?
When you are riding in a bus or taxi, you are not in control of the vehicle. That means that, when the driver or someone else on the road is careless, you can suffer the consequences with no ability to protect yourself.
After such an accident, you are left to suffer from injuries and various other difficulties tied to the crash. But you should not have to suffer because of someone else’s mistake or negligence. And while nothing can truly undo the bus or taxi crash that injured you, fair compensation can be a good place to start.
How do you get fair compensation after a taxi or bus accident? In Washington state, the law allows those who have been victims of someone else’s negligence to pursue compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. As the victim of a bus or taxi accident you didn’t cause, that legal right extends to you.
However, the process of recovering compensation for a bus or taxi accident in Washington is not easy. You can expect strong resistance from the at-fault party and their attorneys. But a trusted Silverdale bus and taxi accident attorney can help you navigate the lawsuit process to maximize your compensation.
Causes of Bus and Taxi Accidents
Many factors can cause a bus or taxi accident. And while the end result of your injuries remains the same no matter the cause, it is important that you understand what caused your accident if you plan to pursue compensation. That’s because the cause of the crash can point you to who is at fault. And the at-fault party will be the person responsible for compensating you.
Below, we examine some of the most common causes of bus and taxi accidents and who could be at fault.
- Distracted driving. Bus and taxi drivers are at work when they are driving. Like most other workers, they can be distracted sometimes. But a bus or taxi driver distraction can have tragic results. The driver of the vehicle would be at fault if they were distracted at the time of the crash. Keep in mind that the driver of another vehicle could be at fault if they were distracted and hit the bus or taxi you were in.
- Drunk driving. This is very similar to distracted driving in that it could be the fault of the bus or taxi driver or the driver of another vehicle. Driving under the influence is reckless and always considered negligent.
- Drowsy driving. Taxi and bus drivers often work long hours, with shifts stretching late into the night. Drowsy driving can easily cause an accident that leads to serious injuries. And no matter how accidental the crash was, the driver who fell asleep at the wheel would be considered at fault.
- Vehicle malfunctions. Whether the brakes on the taxi failed or some implement inside the bus came loose and hit you in the head, the malfunction of a part of the vehicle is not your fault. It could, however, be the fault of the manufacturer of the part or whoever was responsible for ensuring that the vehicle was in safe condition.
- Poor road maintenance. Even potholes can cause injuries when conditions are right. On buses, seatbelts often are not required, and any small jolt could cause a fall or other accident. More serious conditions can cause buses and taxis to flip or run off the road, leading to serious injuries. Road maintenance is often the responsibility of a government agency.
No matter what caused your accident or who was at fault, an experienced vehicle accident lawyer can help you file a winning personal injury claim.
How Were You Hurt?
How severe your injuries are will determine how much compensation you are eligible to receive. That is why it is so important to understand the full extent of every injury you have suffered and how it will affect your life.
Immediately after a bus or taxi accident in Washington, you need to get medical care. This will help ensure your safety and create a record of the injuries you have suffered. This record can be used in your claim for compensation.
The following are some common injuries in taxi and bus accidents:
- Head and brain injuries
- Back and spine injuries
- Broken bones
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Lost limbs
- Facial disfigurement
Injuries like these can cost thousands in medical bills and keep you from working. They can also impact your quality of life and ability to care for yourself. You deserve compensation for every way your taxi or bus accident injuries have affected you. And a personal injury lawsuit can help you get it.
Contact Ryan, Montgomery & Armstrong, Inc., P.S.
The trusted bus and taxi accident lawyers at Ryan, Montgomery & Armstrong, Inc., P.S. can gather evidence, handle legal paperwork, negotiate settlements, and argue in court for you while you recover from your injuries.
We work hard for our clients because we believe they deserve compensation from those who have harmed them. We are ready to work hard for you, too. Contact us online or call 360-307-8860 to request a consultation.
Get the representation you need to feel protected!
Ryan, Montgomery, & Armstrong Inc., P.S.
Request a consultation by filling out the contact form or calling
360-307-8860. We offer appointments during our regular business hours.