Estate Planning, Probate, Real Estate, Business Planning and Transactions
Jim Ryan is a Kitsap County native, born in Bremerton and raised in Poulsbo. He graduated from Western Washington State College in 1971 and from Drake University School of Law, with honors, in 1974. He was Order of the Coif and a member of the Law Review staff while at Drake.
After graduation from Law School, Jim served as Law Clerk to Chief Justice Charles F. Stafford of the Washington State Supreme Court. He is admitted to practice in all Washington courts, the U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. He joined the law firm in August of 1975.
Jim is active in the Kitsap County community. He is active in East Bremerton Rotary (President 1989-90), Kitsap County Estate Planning Council (President, 2001) and the Kitsap Golf & Country Club. His practice is in the areas of estate planning, probate, real estate, business planning and transactions.
Areas of Practice
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- Washington, 1974
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1977
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- Doctor of Jurisprudence (with honors) – 1974
- Western Washington State College, Bellingham, Washington
- Bachelor of Arts – 1971
Major: History/Political Science
- Securities – An Acquiring Corporation’s Liability for Misleading Statements, Drake Law Review, Vol. 22, No. 3, 1973
- The Iowa Long-Arm Statute – Ten Years After, Drake Law Review, Vol. 23, No. 2, 1974
- Tort Law in Washington: A Legal Chameleon, Gonzaga Law Review, Vol. 11, No. 1, 1975
Get the representation you need to feel protected!
Ryan, Montgomery, & Armstrong Inc., P.S.
Request a consultation by filling out the contact form or calling
360-307-8860. We offer appointments during our regular business hours.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.